Vision, Mission and Core Values
- To be the preferred region for investors and citizens and live and work in.
- To promote, facilitate and coordinate sustainable socio-economic development.
To attain its vision, the ||Kharas Regional Council operates on the following Core Principles:
- Standards - Setting, monitoring, and publishing clear standards of service that individual members of the public can reasonably expect.
- Courtesy and Helpfulness - Providing a courteous and helpful service, which is run to suit the convenience of those entitled to the service: services being provided by public servants who can be identified readily, through wearing name badges, by their customers.
- Information - Providing information about public services in a manner, which is readily understandable.
- Consultation and Choice - Ensuring regular consultation and communication with those who use services, taking their views and priorities into account – to provide a choice wherever possible.
- Accountability - Providing details of performance against targets and identifying who is responsible.
- Openness/Transparency - Disclosing how public services are managed, and the cost and performance of specific services.
- Non-Discrimination - Ensuring services are available and applied equally to all.
- Quality of Service - Publicising complaint procedures with independent reviews where possible. Providing, where errors have been made, an apology, full explanation and early correction of the error.
- Value for Money - Providing efficient and economic public services within affordable resources.
- Accessibility - Ensure accessibility to public service by accommodating the service needs of users.